Janie Bunge had a grand ole’ time Tuesday night.
She hit the 1000-career-points mark in a 45-25 loss to Ida. Bunge recorded the milestone with 7:01 remaining in the game with an and-one at the free-throw line to cut the Ida lead to 28-18.
Overall, she scored 14 points in the loss – more than half her team’s total, bringing her career total to 1005 after tonight’s game.
For the complete story, please see the Feb. 25, 2015, edition of The Advance.
The Advance of Blissfield takes its sports seriously. If you haven’t picked up a Feb. 18, 2015, edition, these are the sports headlines you are missing:
1. Bangerter, Nieman wrestle way to regionals
2. Lady Royals back on track with wins over E-M, Onsted
3. Eagles swoop into BHS for a big 71-41 victory
4. Big quarters lift ‘Cats to win
5. Patriot women endure toughest week of season
6. Patriot men lose two
7. Whiteford women down Whitmore Lake in makeup game
8. Royal cheer team looks to districts
Along with these stories which often include a second game from the week are many Advance photos. Don’t forget to check our Photo Galleries button on this page to see the photos that may not have made the paper, as well as those that did.