The Kestrels of St. Mary’s Catholic Central did what so many SMCC teams – basketball, football – have done to Blissfield Royal hopes: dashed their playoff hopes.
For the Lady Royals of Blissfield, who have had a sweetheart season marred only by a pair of losses to LCAA league rival Columbia Central, this loss came Wednesday night in Blissfield’s first appearance in district play after drawing a first-round bye. The Kestrals swooped off with a 53-43 win over Blissfield and will face the Britton Deerfield Lady Patriots Friday evening for the district championship.
For the complete story on the end to Blissfield’s season, please see the March 9, 2016, edition of The Advance.
The Advance of Blissfield takes its sports seriously. If you haven’t picked up a Feb. 18, 2015, edition, these are the sports headlines you are missing:
1. Bangerter, Nieman wrestle way to regionals
2. Lady Royals back on track with wins over E-M, Onsted
3. Eagles swoop into BHS for a big 71-41 victory
4. Big quarters lift ‘Cats to win
5. Patriot women endure toughest week of season
6. Patriot men lose two
7. Whiteford women down Whitmore Lake in makeup game
8. Royal cheer team looks to districts
Along with these stories which often include a second game from the week are many Advance photos. Don’t forget to check our Photo Galleries button on this page to see the photos that may not have made the paper, as well as those that did.