Notes for east Lenawee County seniors
The Bliss-Liewert Center along with all Lenawee County Senior Centers closed March 16 until further notice in response to the coronavirus outbreak that has yet to be detected in Lenawee County. The senior centers are run through the Lenawee County Department on Aging.
Other services have also been affected including the following:
• Meals provided by Len-awee Department on Aging will Instead be offered through curbside services for all participants to have access to nutritious meals. Meals that were normally eaten at the senior center will be available at the back door of the Bliss-Liewert Center. Participants should call ahead to the Bliss-Liewert Center a day before they wish to obtain a meal. They may also let staff know when they pick up their order if they will be using the service in the days following.
• Home-delivered meals will continue to be delivered with some additional protocols in place to protect volunteer drivers and clients.
• Daybreak Adult Day Services will be closed until further notice.
• Home services including homemaker service,personal care and in-home respite are suspended until further notice.
• Volunteer Transportation to non-emergency medical appointments is suspended until further notice
• Dept. on Aging will continue with assessments with some phone interviews being exchanged for face-to-face contact on a case-by-case situation.
To contact the Lenawee County Department on Aging call 517-264-5280. To contact the Bliss-Liewert Center call 486-2397.
THE MARCH 18, 2020, EDITION OF THE ADVANCE IS FILLED WITH INFO ON HOW THE CORONAVIRUS THREAT IS AFFECTING THE BLISSFIELD/EAST LENAWEE AREA