• Blissfield: Trick-or-treating is 5:30-7 p.m. Oct. 31 Line up for the costume parade is at 7 p.m. at the Schultz-Holmes Memorial Library. The parade will commence down Lane Street to the park to the Rotary bonfire and costume judging. Hot dogs and cider will be served.
• Deerfield: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 Trick-or-treating village-wide. Beginning and end will be signaled by the Deerfield Township Fire Department siren.
• Palmyra: 5:30-8 p.m. Oct. 31 Palmyra Township Fire Department children’s Halloween party at the Palmyra Community Center.
• Whiteford: 6-8 p.m Oct. 31 Trick-or-treat hours.
• Riga: 5:30-7 p.m. Oct. 31 Trick-or-treating in village
By Chad Hutchinson
The Blissfield High School Marching Band won first place in Class C competition at a state competition in Jenison last weekend. The band performed a show featuring classical music by Beethoven that was titled “Immortal.”
This is the third consecutive year the Marching Royals have won first place overall. Blissfield was also selected as the Caption Award winners for best marching, best music and best color guard.
For the rest of the story, please pick up the Oct. 23, 2013, edition of The Advance, or call 517-486-2400 to subscribe for weekly delivery to your home anywhere in the U.S.
By Chad Hutchinson
Blissfield has a new face in family medicine with Dr. Cara Derck joining Dr. William Gray’s practice.
Derck said she always wanted to practice medicine in a small community similar to the one she grew up with in Fostoria, Ohio. She said the tight-knit community of Blissfield returned her to her roots.
“I always wanted to practice medicine in a small community with a country feel to it. Blissfield reminds me of home and so do the people,” she said.
Copyright 2013, River Raisin Publications, Inc. For the complete story, please see the Oct. 23, 2013, edition of The Advance. To subscribe for weekly delivery – anywhere in the U.S. – please just call 517-486-2400.