Candle sparks pre-holiday home fire in Blissfield
Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish a house fire reportedly ignited by a candle last week. Blissfield Township volunteer firefighters responded to a working house fire shortly after 11 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Kerentoff residence in the 100 block South Monroe Street. Blissfield Township fire chief Gary Crist said all residents evacuated the home before fire crews arrived on the scene. Fire crews only had to use 2,000 gallons of water on the fire that started from an upper story. “It was a candle in an upstairs bedroom,” Crist said.
For more details on the fire, please see the Dec. 25, 2013, edition of The Advance.